Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Three stooges gets a sequel

Not bad, but not that good either.

Been a comedy nut all my life. One thing you'll notice about me is my sense of humor and it's all I have honestly. It's what keeps me alive to some degree looking at the lighter side to things.

So much of my life has been spent in shitty situations, I have to look at life in a more askew offbeat direction to not lose my mind personally.

So I love a good comedy. What is a good comedy? I like smart comedies myself. Ones that actually demand some kind of thought to understand the jokes. Fart gags only last so long yaknow...

Which is why I wasn't much of a fan of the first stooges movie. I grew up on seriously better films than that pile of hogwash. First or second draft material at best, can't believe it was so light a film. This is the stooges, the fucking stooges, and the movie's so SAFE. No attempts to completely distort and change our perception of the stooges or do anything interesting with them. It's just hey, these guys look and act like the stooges, there ya go, enjoy...

NO, this is fucking the year 2010+ why is ace ventura a more fucking stooge-ish movie than the actual three stooges movie? Explain yourself big guy...

Like I make YTMND jokes from time to time. Half of the time I make a joke that's a play on words. Alizee sings, and the ytmnd has her farting etc.

If my stupid internet gags are smarter than the shit in the stooges movie, that's truly pathetic.

I would not have made the movie the way they made it, hell no. I didn't know what I was watching. It's half a documentary, half a stooges sketch show at the same time. PICK ONE ya maroons.

I would have made it a fucking documentary. Calling it the three stooges movie makes you think it's about the fucking stooges themselves. Notice that the stooge shorts were about the characters and the situation they were in, not about the actors or their lives off set.

So don't call it the three stooges movie. Call it, the Great Orphanage Movie since that's what it ended up being about.

You watch the movie hoping to get clued in on the stooges and their plight in life, but no the movie's more about the fucking kids in the orphanage and their life than it is the stooges and the movie just is all over the place and has no idea what it is in the end.

I just kept hoping for a better movie while watching and that's just wrong.

How can they improve the sequel? They can't. Not really, the way they set up the universe, there's no going back, going to have to live with it.

That's life. Just hopefully the jokes in the second movie are much more intelligent and interesting than the bland thoughtless, light, fluffy material they spat in our faces. Shame on them, fucking faggots.

No comments: