Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Fixed this comp

I can't post my results to the whole reddit thing. I honestly don't get what reddit is exactly, it's like very popular but for reasons I can't understand. It's just another of a billion websites that do the same thing provide a space for discussion and votes on postings. Why's that make it this big deal? Shrugs... Don't geddit...

well if anyone else is an owner of a hp spectre x360 convertable laptop. Let's call these things what they are instead of the many stupid names people have given them. Tabtop or Laplet. One f'n word not the confusing and tough to type ones... geez. So hard to do search for one since not only does the company make a hundred dif versions of it, but there's no standard title for this design. You just have to take a shot in the dark and hope the search tags work out... well I think I solved the issue with mine, a I believe 2017 13inch little clunker of a machine.

It has a flaw one that has lead to many many many discussions and tutorials. Any time it's plugged in the cpu goes turbo and forces the fans to run constantly to cool it down. It's not game breaking but yeah, def not how a comp should do things. So I generally don't plug it in if I don't have to since I couldn't stand the over heating. Little sucker just goes nuclear with no provocation if you get me, just straight to highest fan speed and heat, some considering it a combo of high voltage from the charging and so on, but I didn't buy that. I've been messing with electronics a long time. Batteries don't get that hot that fast, don't think so.

So I did a lot of things to try to fix it and I'm talking early this year. Nothing worked, still a sad wacky malfunctioning expensive junk. but then I decided to try again despite having nothing work. Oh to my shock HP has updated my laptop's bios just a few months ago. Long after I originally looked for a solution... so I say, whatever decided to update...

now the thing's acting normal. literally right now as it's plugged in and I'm doing something like typing like this, it'd be going berserk and over heating. Not anymore....

So there it is, I guess some companies try to fix older abandoned machines sometimes. Or enough owners complained that they finally addressed it? I don't know, they seemed to have not cared and honestly that's what these companies do. They make a product sell it full of design flaws, and typically concentrate their energies and focus on the next version rather than work out the kinks in the ones people actually bought already.

Well anyway just wanted to let people know it's a good machine once it's fully updated. If you come across one and think it's a bad purchase because of certain issues it has been documented to have, it has been fixed and will be ok. Mine works now, have not tested the glitch with the touch pad going off permanently after a long stay in tablet mode so still need to test that... yep, still more problems with this thing but the game breaker for me was the over heating, so that's nice that I don't have to worry bout that shit.






No comments: