Friday, November 29, 2019

seems to be fine

Did some extensive testing to find out if the touchpad would stay stable, no seems to be good...

Going to keep an eye on it if it decides to go bonkers in the future. Reading about this bios update seems like as per usual big bad HP has actually broken things in its new bios so be cautious if you're on the newer models. I don't know if they did any underhanded changes to mine that might be throttling the cpu too much as others have made apparent in theirs.

Yikes, hate when the updates aren't tested by companies, they got to get their crap together, do better.

What's the plan from here forward for me. I don't know, but I want to get my voice in on the Last Dragon thing they're making. I might make my own Last Dragon video... Get that going... Got ideas for it anyway. Lots of tight close ups... I think that's a lost art. Today's movies are about showing off expensive sets, cgi, just putting on a big circus rather than the older more intimate way films were once done, especially 80s films. Like me personally it does aggravate to watch films and it's like 90% talking heads and no attempt at artistry.

Some stuff brewing for us Last Dragon fans... lots of good stuff that I hope to see go through and when I look out at the world today, it's like, there's nothing really like super upbeat and positive to kinda unite people these days. Nothing. Life is dead as a bag of dirt.

Am I going to get anywhere with my physical training and crap that i do these days. I mean I am having trouble to be honest. Nice to lose weight hard to stay motivated to lose it, hard to get off the ass and go stretch and get the blood flowing since I do indeed want to sit here and it's friggin freezing so it's not like it's good conditions!

But I try. It's like, yeah, got that drive in me to get in best shape possible before you lose it that kinda shit... I always dreamed of being big and jacked, I just never had the time to pursue it full on...

Might just get huge, should be interesting to finally fullfill that...

What else, yeah shenmue how's that going for people. I don't know... want to really trial the game before buying it. They really should let us fans f around in it for a while before purchasing it... see if we like it.

It's as I said it was. It's done like an old 90s game and todays' generation can't stomach having to deal with a non-compromising tough unforgiving DO or DIE kind of game that we got like water back in those days...

Am I right?

I kinda am interested in the challenge see if I can take the pounding that game has in store, but some thigns are putting me off. Some claiming stuff is too boring to do, which if you play shenmue, that's the series so what the hell did you think it'd be? Like right now I am exausted beyond wanting to go and screw around more in shenmue 2, it's a massive game so much to go through, i need to literally re-energize before tackling it again... though I'm happy that I got the hardest move scrolls in the game to get through sheer will power. I just some how never gave up though finding it tedious and stupid to keep doing it. I kept at it, some how I don't know, I'm going to wildly guess that's how you really get the scroll, eventually after the fucking thousandth try the game gives it to you for free just for showing such fortitude? Cuz it was like that, failure failure failure, but I just kept going, then the miracle happened.

Good or bad game design? Some would argue overly challenging games are bad game design, but it's how you truly learn what kind of gamer you are in my opinion. A casual or a serious one. I'm mostly casual, but the amount of pure struggle I've gone through to win levels, yeah I feel confident saying I'm qualified to be considered serious. It's a test of that to me, and if it were easy like today's bullshit games, it'd simply be an interacive movie. Goddamnit, i mean that win, getting that win, it simply means more when it's against a real challenge, come on, jesus christ... simple logic.

Debating what to spend money on as well... it's tough to make sense of this black friday thing. I do want to finally play games in HD maybe even UHD but that money is tight right now, boy. I mean I did throw 700 dollars at this very computer and it has been, well at least now, a great purchase. I'm playing shenmue on it, running ps2 and gamecube games on it, on top of that, did all those last dragon drawings on it plust potentially could go further and really get going on some more ideas I've come up with... but I mostly use it to game and practice piano... forgot to dabble on some music tonight, just not in the mood...

But yeah the thing I want is to get a tv box put it on the 1080p tv we already got and just stream my game to that tv over wifi or lan whatever, problem solved. We have several tvs but I haven't figured out how to get anything casted over to them for gaming. So been messing around with the steam thing allows remote play. Seems ok problem is network play will cause slow down obviously since it's having to deal with all the back and forth traffic from online and local. Tough to say if it'd merit the purchase if I can only play star wars battlefront in 720p to accomodate the bandwidth limitations... But I might just go with a cable hook up to the router itself and then it should be blazing fast, no problems. I think I'll explore this further later, so see you then...








No comments: