Monday, December 9, 2019

Ghostbusters Trek Next Generation

shit just got real...

New actual sequel to the ghostbusters (Ghostbusters 2 was my first ever movie EVER if I haven't made that clear)

I'm actually down for this, though it has some issues.

The ecto 1 was augmented in GB2 so it wouldn't look like that in the trailer, they've obviously got some explaining to do on that front.

But their heart is in the right place and hopefully this isn't going to be a stupid cash grab based on the franchise name alone.

Would love to get more info about it who's doing what, etc. Why the flying bananas would Egon store nuclear powered proton packs and ghost equipment in a farm house. He's a genius, he'd build an underground storage or something, just awkward. I guess I can tear the trailer apart all day, I'll try to focus on the positives.

It's got a bit of that goonies essence, so I'm guess they wanted goonies meets stranger things, meets ghostbusters, could work but gb comes down to characters. You can't have gb without really good characters that are iconic, and I'm yet to view the new crew that way.

Let's all be honest with ourselves this is Extreme GB the movie they're making. It's the same plot, and the new girl gb is essentially a rework of the kylie character. Out of the wonky mess that was EGB, Kylie worked well for me. Her goth girl felt organic to the gb franchise and making her egon's grand daughter would have been perfectly in line. I mean it's interesting at least, yeah they're going with a female gb, she does seem a lot like kylie so if that's sthe inspiration, perfect. No opinion on the other kids have no clue who the f they are.

And they have to nail that. Often with these next gen movies they suck dragon ballz at making the characters worth shit, just being honest. If they don't stick the landing on that, it's gonna be a big fail.

Not very much humor, I'm trying to focus on the positive, but they do remember it's a comedy right? Gotta show us it's full of jokes too. I'm on the fence, but hopeful in the end. GB matters to me, I want them to do it right, and maybe make this into something bigger, get gb back on top of the world again.


No comments: