Sunday, December 22, 2019

So lost right now

What's 7 dollars for a early morning showing eh, just go wack off to some lightsaber fest and be back in time for a good relaxing shower or something...

Yeah yunno the clickbaiter parade has begun but in my years of giving a crap about star wars videos and stuff, I just don't feel compelled to this time.

It kinda really is over for me. Oh should I spend 15 minutes watching this review which will likely end up parroting every one elses thoughts or don't waste my time.

Will or won't I go see the movie and be done with it. I've watched so many of these movies in theaters though, I've wasted so much on this kind of stuff I do not want to keep pumping my money away into some clumbsy sequel thing to a beloved franchise.

I think it's time to put a strong foot down and say no more, that's all.

I've been doing the go arounds looking at so many view points on the film its flaws, its good parts, the better approaches to the script, what's been cut. It's all kinda a big last attempt to scramble for something to find that's fine with it. I'll tell you this. Yeah I went to ALL of the spider man movies. And I've yet to see any of the homecoming and stuff movies and I just don't want to. I'm burned out on those films and just tired of them by this point. I don't give a sith about yet another in a damn assembly line of spidey movies, my apologies.

And make no mistake rise of skywalker's like spidey 3 or even better comparison is dark knight rises. I don't hate either of those films, but they undoubtedly dropped the ball. In rises case too it couldn't proceed with a joker storyline at all since the passing of the actor really and that might have impacted things. All things considered it did what it had to do and finished the story set up in batman begins even if it was a big confusing messy weird ass way that it decided to do it.

Spidey 3 same thing. Even more to the point it goes back and re-writes the origin of spiderman or something i can't remember the full details but we all hated the idea raimi had of having sandman be uncle ben's killer yeah I remember. That's just what the hell. So you can see more now why I'm not giving a damn, it's like I've seen how these big studios like to play by now, if they can prioritize toy sales, they will. If they can try to lure fanboys like me to the theater with palps, lando, lots of nerdy stuff, they will. Focus on doing a better made story is not their intention and it wasn't, it's so clear it wasn't. I'm mad about it. Nothing about Carrie fisher's passing prevented them from doing some things better and that's what's so weird to think about... just didn't give a hoot...

Well I'm going to stop giving a hoot, and wow, here I am going on about a bunch of movies that I'll soon put behind me on the massive pile next to the Holiday special and Ewok Adventures. Why the f am I doing this?

What's eating away at me is that, I don't mind bad star wars. I really don't... and this is definitely bad star wars, but I wish it was MORE bad star wars not half way attempt at making a decent entry then a bunch of wink wink wink referrences etc. If you're going to make a bad star wars MAKE a bad star wars, commit to that. It's still enjoyable to watch bad star wars, the muppet show stuff, the parodies, spaceballs, having that star wars feel is what's important, not that it's legit. They just don't understand that and just make it like a suped up quasi attempt at being on Lucas' old movie's level.

Oh get out of here with that. What's fun about JJ's trek movies which will stand at the end of it all as superior to his star wars was that he didn't try to make trek movies as weird as that sounds. He took trek and just decided to make something comic bookish and spunky and new. That's why he was hired for this trilogy yet he completely went the opposite direction and tried to copy and paste the OT because he's scared of going off the rails with it. This dude...

Oh well, what's done is done, and I don't know if I want anymore, but yeah we'll see what's next. I and everyone else is baffled by this film. How can you consider it a conclusion to the story if it's been made clear palps is unkillable. Just ugh with this stuff...





No comments: